Ever the romantic, I decided to rack my brain for original ideas. These can be applied to both men and women.
“All you need is love, love is all you need…”
– The Beatles
- Not a poet? Create a poem with your lover’s favourite song lyrics. The Beatles and Queen have incredible lines…
- Place petals on the bed, spelling the letters of their name. Too long a name? A letter for each petal.
- Lingerie too expensive these days? Wrap yourself in a large bow. He must unwrap only using his tongue and teeth.
- Prepare the room like a beach getaway. Pour champagne upon your darling… Cool water and bubbles, just like the ocean.
- After showering together, tell him/her to meet you in the room. Come back only with whipped cream on the important bits… Shower again. Hehe…
- Prepare breakfast in bed, but unique in that under each item he/she finds a word. They spell out whatever he/she means to you.
- Buy a rose for his/her mom… She raised him/her after all.
- Try making a card instead of buying a soppy one. “I took time for you…” says so much more.
- Take him/her on a picnic. Prepare a type of treasure map of the park you choose. Every tree or bush indicated on the map hides a word describing what he/she means to you.
- Go to the movies early, ask the people in charge if you can insert something before… “John, I love you…” “Thank you for everything, Jane…” He’ll be so surprised when you start watching the movie.
- Spell their name out with adjectives:
The trick to romance is pure originality and knowing what your lover likes.
Is he/she a racer? Prepare a trip around in a McClaren, or whatever his/her favourite car may be. Test drives are free or cheaper 😉
A boxer? Get him/her new gloves with the words “Love” and “You” on each hand.
A tour guide? Surprise him/her with a tour of your body. Blindfold him/her. And explore you, tongue only.
A doctor? Play his naughty nurse side-kick… “Doctor, I’m not quite sure how to turn you on… Mind showing me?”
There’s only as far as your imagination can take you…